Friday, December 26, 2014

Tutorial part 1

As a response to the nice coments and wonderings how I had painted The warzone figure I will try my best to tell. In part 1 we focus on the major parts like armour and pants. Details and face will come in part 2





Started of with a black primer, the primer I´l curently use is from ammo of mig and its sprays nice. 






Starting with ak-interactive dunkelbraun sprayed on the pants and other parts you would like to be "textile" . Spraying it in a downward fasion, not just from abov. More like from all angels but from the underside... Instead of AK-dunkelbraun I would use citadel steel legion drab or Vallejo game color earth. 


Next I spray AK- Grey beige from above only trying to hit the high points of the pants. Here you could use citadel baneblade brown if you only fancy GW paints. Before I striped him down I had him painted one step more with a ushbati bone color but I skiped this part this time.




Next up I mask of the pants parts so I can spray the armour, this is what I use a silly putty, the nice thing with this is that you can precision mask. 


Here you can see the masking and the first layer on the armour. The color used Vallejo Model Air Tank green. Sprayed like the pants initial color, all over exept from the underside up.



From above again spraying VMA Dark yellow. When mask is of I washed the pants an backpack with citadell dryard bark diluted to nothing more than colored water. Thats all for part one...

No comments:

Post a Comment